Safety & Documentation
- Rat Grease™ is similar in Scoville Units (the measure of “spicy heat” chili pepper pungency) to mild chili pepper oil.
- May cause eye irritation. Best to wear safety glasses and gloves when handling.
- Avoid eye, skin, and clothing contact.
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after handling.
- Keep out of reach of small children.
Over time a small amount of oil will naturally “bleed” from the thickener that holds any oil-based gel together. Causes of the “oil bleed” are exposure to a combination of dust, vibrations, gravity, and moisture. A technical explanation of oil bleed can be found here, courtesy of Mobil Oil Co. A small amount of “oil bleed” is normal for almost all oil-based lubricant products. If necessary, wipe up the small amount of “bleed” with a paper towel. Otherwise, run-off from rain may create an oil stain on whatever is below, such as a building’s exterior wall, a window awning, wooden decking, etc.
FYI, we do not buy anything from Mobile Oil. We make our own grease.